A mudra is a symbolic or ritual gesture in Hinduism and Buddhism. While some mudras involve the entire body, most are performed with the hands and fingers.
Mudra in Sanskrit is “spiritual gesture” and energetic “seal of authenticity” employed in the iconography and spiritual practice of Indian religions and Taoism. (Wikipedia)
Mudras are arm, hand and body positions used in the traditions of Hinduism and Buddhism. The great Buddha knew the use of mudras and is often depicted using these ritual gestures. Various Kung Fu forms contain positions identical to these mudras.
108 mudras are used in regular Tantric rituals. Mudras are also used in Indian Classical Dance. There are over 200 mudras in bharatanatyam and over 250 in mohiniyattam.
Linga Mudra — Gesture of body heat
Linga Mudra, or heat exchange, works by concentrating heat within the body. Linga mudra is called because it increases body heat by focusing on the element of fire inside the body.
Mudras are hand locks that allow one to focus on various elements within the body and rearrange their flow to achieve a specific objective. Linga is the Sanskrit word for phallus. Linga mudra is called because it increases body heat by focusing on the element of fire inside the body.
How to balance vata pitta kapha
The five fingers of your hands represent the five elements fire, air, space, earth and water and the various groups of energy created from the posture created by them work on Vata, Pitta, Kapha, in your body.
The Finger Interlocking technique of Ling Mudra allows elements to merge and overlap air, space and earth, and allows elements to make air and fire stand out. When we do this mudra, it increases the contact between air and fire elements and air always helps in spreading the fire. Fire increases the heat of your body and it represents the life force. And spreads vitality and power throughout your body and mind.
Linga mudra establishes the balance of bile (air and fire), phlegm (water and earth) in your body. Linga mudra has a bile stimulating nature which will ensure, Kapha energy is under control. Excessive Kapha energy can cause problems such as depression, lethargy, asthma and weight gain.
There are a number of benefits of performing the Linga Mudra.
1) Linga mudra generates excessive heat within the body and is very useful for dealing with colds.
2) It also helps in boosting the immune system and makes the body more resistant to colds and similar infections.
3) The benefits of penis posture also extend to the respiratory system and it can help loosen the phlegm accumulated from the throat.
4) This posture also helps in weight loss.
5) Discomfort experienced in an air conditioned room is relieved by this mudra.
6) Difficulty in breathing can be relieved by this mudra.
7) Congested nose can be relieved by this mudra immediately and one can get good sleep.
8) It controls the flow of the menstrual cycle. Performing the Linga mudra with the Sun Mudra gives better results — both 15 minutes each, one after the other.
9) When the navel center is shifted from its original place, it comes back to its place by this mudra.
Follow the steps
Formation: The penis pose is created by interlocking the palm but keeping the left thumb upward. This pose can also be done by turning the arm upside down.
- Linga posture can be performed while standing or sitting.
- Bring both hands in front of your body and hold them so that the fingers are joined together.
- Make sure that the left thumb is pointing upwards and surrounds it with the thumb and index finger of the right hand.
- Hold this pose for a quarter-hour (15 minutes) while breathing and exhaling normally.
Time Duration of Linga Mudra Practice
This Mudra should not be done regularly. This mudra should only be done as long as the problem persists and then it should be discontinued. This increases the heat in the body, so this pose should be done only for 15 minutes or less.
But when it is a cold day, do this mudra twice a day for 30 minutes and after that do prana mudra for 10 minutes. Since this mudra generates heat, liquids such as water, fruit juices, milk, buttermilk, etc. should be consumed in plenty. If you practice it for a long time, then you can sweat in winter.
1) To perform Ling Mudra, choose a quiet and silent place, concentration will take place in performing the mudra.
2) Wear light and comfortable clothes for better concentration, and at the same time keep yourself light as if you have jewelry like bracelets or a watch in your hand, remove them.
3) Do not force your fingers to perform the Linga mudra.
4) In cases of fever, bile problem, or high blood pressure and small nature do not do this mudra.
5) If you are a person of bile nature, do not do this mudra.
6) Doing this mudra creates heat in the body, this can cause a shortage of water in your body. Therefore, after performing this mudra, drink the appropriate amount of water.
Free Consultations / Welcome Gift / Crypto Payment
🎁 apply this WELCOME GIFT with your next purchase: DZI8RJJR7JUWD1A