A mudra is a symbolic or ritual gesture in Hinduism and Buddhism. While some mudras involve the entire body, most are performed with the hands and fingers.
Mudras are arm, hand and body positions used in the traditions of Hinduism and Buddhism. The great Buddha knew the use of mudras and is often depicted using these ritual gestures. Various Kung Fu forms contain positions identical to these mudras.
108 mudras are used in regular Tantric rituals. Mudras are also used in Indian Classical Dance. There are over 200 mudras in bharatanatyam and over 250 in mohiniyattam.
Surya means Sun and Sun is related to heat. Similarly, Surya Mudra is also related to the heating element of the human body. Surya is the Sanskrit word for Surya and Surya Mudra is called because it increases the fire element in the body. This Mudra is one of the amazing postures of our Indian culture. They help treat one or the other parts of the human body. Surya Mudra is also an effective currency out of all the other postures we have.
Mudra is usually performed during yoga. It helps to increase the fire element related to hunger, sleep, and thirst in our body and thereby reduces the earth element related to skin and flesh related problems. By increasing the fire element in our body, we can transmit the inner strength of our body which is necessary to heal the process of our inner body. With the regular use of Surya Mudra, one can easily maintain one’s health.
There are many benefits to making this mudra.
1) This pose helps to warm the body and increase metabolism.
2) It is an excellent asana for those who want to lose weight.
3) It can also be used to treat the common cold.
Follow the steps:
About mudra is a relatively simple pose. You can easily do this by following these steps of Surya Mudra :
- Stand or sit upright.
- Keep your hands in front of you.
- Fold the ring finger of each hand so that its tip touches the mound of your thumb.
- Press your thumb with your thumb.
- Make sure the other fingers are straight
- This Mudra can be practiced on a stretch for 45 minutes or it can be divided into three sessions of 15 minutes each.
Free Consultations / Welcome Gift / Crypto Payment
🎁 apply this WELCOME GIFT with your next purchase: DZI8RJJR7JUWD1A